Week of 9/26/22

This week I continued my work on the giant word clock project. Last week I did some surface-level research on light diffusion and came up with a few different design ideas for the LED casing. I narrowed down my options and started designing in Fusion360. This week I finished that design (see below) and began…

Week of 9/19/22

This week I made another ring on the lathe. I started the process the same way as the first time, by facing the material and cutting it down to size, but I switched the order of the last two steps. I cut the material down to just below the inner diameter of the ring first,…

Week of 9/12/22

This week I finished machining my Turner’s Cube (see picture below). I used the same milling machine that I used to cut the cube to size, but this time I programmed a path instead of moving the cutting bit manually. I programmed the machine to first cut a 0.8-inch diameter circle at a depth of…

Week of 9/5/22

This week I worked primarily in the machine shop. I got my GitHub account set up on the computer I am using this year and I made a few updates to my website, but I spent most of my time learning how to use the milling machines (picture below for reference). To learn how to…

Week of 8/29/22

The new school year started on Wednesday, 8/31 and we have Friday off, so this is a very short week. On Wednesday I moved computers and had to transfer my files and accounts. On Thursday I made a nametag for my box. The laser cutter had some issues cutting the name tag, so I might…

Week of 6/6/22

This week I continued to work on the ROV Arm project. Once the arm was fully assembled, I tested both the grabbing function and the rotation function. It worked the way it is intended to, so I began a resin print for the two large housing pieces. I hadn’t resin printed them previously because resin…

ROV Arm V1 4/1/22 – 5/1/22

I was given the task of designing an arm for the ROV in early April. The regional competition was on Sunday, May 1st, leaving me with about a month to complete the project. I started by looking at a prototype of an arm that was designed by the robotics team before I joined. I decided…

Week of 5/30/22

This week I worked on getting the arm fully put together. I changed a few things about the bottom part of the housing and I laser cut a seal to go between the two pieces of it. While I was testing, I ran into a problem with the motor spinning instead of the upper part…

How To Project

I modeled a plastic container and then made a slideshow with instructions on how to replicate it. It took a long time and it’s also not very good. It has multiple different configurations. Below is the CAD file in Onshape: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/5af1573d15d87e50fea123dd/w/d755d7e7ec0e62676cb38739/e/48d57f6ffc4dba44516f2839 Below is the Google slides presentation detailing how to replicate my work: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1453KXf9Ne290UCw8-cnIAVolu3HCk-2UOE37h5CJXCA

Fri 4/30/21

Today I continued to work on this website.